You probably would have noticed that NetSuite has the option of recording the UPC code on the Item record.
When you enter text in this field, the SKU/UPC field on item labels displays this UPC Code and prints in UPC barcode format.
Now, what if we want to show this barcode on our Transaction form print layout. Let’s give this a try.
1)We can’t get the bar codes printed on a basic print template. An Advanced PDF template has to be used for the same.
2) If you are intending to do the below, please do this on a test template before working on the real one or work this out in your sandbox environment. We do not want any errors in your working template.
Step 1: Create a custom column field
- Users can create a custom column field to source the UPC Code from the item record.
- Navigate to Customization -> Lists, Records & Fields -> Transaction Line Fields -> New.
- Enter a value for the Label field.
- Enter a value under ID field
- Set Type to Free-Form Text.
- Remove the check mark on the Store Value checkbox.
- Under Applies To tab, select the transactions where you want to apply the field.
- Under Sourcing & Filtering, set Item for Source List and UPC Code for Source From.
- Click Save.
2) Customize the Advanced PDF layout.
- Users will need to add the above field on Advanced PDF/HTML Template to be able to print it.
- Navigate to Customization -> Forms -> Advanced PDF/HTML Templates.
- Click Edit on a custom template or Customize on Standard PDF/HTML Template.
- Add the following codes on the itemtablepart of the template:
- Add the following codes on the itemtable part under the thead portion of the template:Note: I have used the codetype as Code128. We do have a couple of other options available for this too.
- Click Save.
Note: Replace ‘custcol1’ of the custom field’s internal id created on Step I.
My Final Output:
I hope this helps. Give it a go and let me know how it goes.