For over 8 years (2006 to 2014), Evan Hodge has been the Technical Lead within the design group at Essential Energy and its retail arm, previously known as Country Energy. He is the subject matter expert for Data Warehousing in an Oracle environment and Reporting and Cognos BI projects
- ERP/PeopleSoft Financials, CRM and other core systems/ vendor applications
Solutions & Services
- Implement a PeopleSoft nVision based General Ledger and Project Costing reporting environment for use throughout the organisation. Mentor their internal team in nVision report writing.
- Provide functional and technical consulting to PeopleSoft Project Costing and Fleet Allocations.
- Lead the Reporting and Business Intelligence initiatives based around the Cognos suite of products and their integration to core systems.
- Train and Mentor CE adn IBM team members in a joint initiative to create an IBM Regional Development Centre based in Bathurst NSW.
- Lead a project to Upgrade Cognos to the latest version 8.2 and merge 2 separate instances of ReportNet into a common unified 8.2 portal.
- Develop and implement a new Cognos based suite of Board and Management reports to replace the Peoplesoft nVision excel reports and automate the process for merging of Peoplesoft financial data with data from other sources.
- Evan has led a number of teams for various Business Intelligence and reporting projects with a variety of complex General Ledger and Project Costing analysis and reporting requirements from PeopleSoft GL, HRM, CRM and other Operational systems.
- Initial implementation used Cognos ReportNet 1.1 and Series v3. Evan lead a team through the upgrade to Cognos BI 8.2 which included the merging of 2 separate ReportNet instances with differing security models into a single Cognos portal.
- Guided and provided technical advice for the early adoption of Cognos Planning 8.2 and its integration with PeopleSoft ERP systems.