IBT were asked to perform a review of the company’s existing Cognos system and provide recommendations and a roadmap to enable MTUDDA to improve their business intelligence capability. This included a Data Warehouse and Cube Review, a Review of existing KPIs and their Data Sources and implement BI Objectives Workshops and Inventory and Procurement Workshops. We were then commissioned to complete the ETL Remediation and upgrade Cognos to v.10.2
Solutions & Services
- The redesign/rework of the long running builds to reduce the load times
- Removal of data duplication to improve speed
- Implement a table primary key and indexing strategy for the presentation layer of Compass
- Fix or discard the Control/Restart mechanism
- Maintain documentation
- Upgrade to Cognos BI 10.2
- Merge the General Ledger Framework Manager project into the Sales, Service, Inventory and PO Framework Manager Project.
“We commissioned IBT to review the performance of our Data Warehouse and Cognos implementation to improve load times and ready the system for an upgrade to version 10.2. We then asked IBT to continue with the upgrade, as well as redesign some running builds and improve reporting speeds.
Throughout the duration of the project IBT and its principal consultant, Evan Hodge, has helped us extract maximum value from our BI tool. They have helped improve our user’s experience and the subsequent upgrade has proven to be successful and cost effective. IBT exceeded our expectations and we have no hesitation in recommending them.”
Paul Lee. National IT Manager