Ron Bailie project managed a blended team of Suncorp and IBT Personnel for the PeopleSoft v6 – v7.53 Financials upgrade and GST implementation. Latterly, acting as PeopleSoft Agile Business Consultant, he worked with Suncorp to initiate the One Team Agreement to move 15,000 employees from six different agreements to one single agreement thus having all employees working under the same conditions. OAT was the system development stream which impacted every employee on OPS (PeopleSoft).
- ERP/PeopleSoft Financials
Solutions & Services
As the development of OAT was a moving playing field we needed to be totally flexible and able to course correct when necessary.
This became an Agile project that involved:
- Identifying features and within those features identify Stories. A Story is a test driven requirement that can be delivered within 2-3 days. The longest any story should be is the length of an iteration which was 2 weeks.
- An iteration consisted of a number of stories that needed to be delivered within 2 weeks. The definition of delivered is production ready.
- The project went for 18 iterations. The High Risk and highest business value stories were allocated to the early iterations. This method was highly flexible we could course correct every 2 weeks, which proved necessary over the lifespan of the project.
- As a PeopleSoft Analyst, I investigated and prepared information for the Story Elaborations (Workshops). Review Communications and Training material, assist in the training and education of users via formal training classes and workshops. Highlight areas were communications most necessary.
- Ron acted in the role of Business Analyst, facilitate the story elaborations and write up the story.
- As a Test Analyst he was part of the Test Team involved in general testing, SIT and assisting the users during UAT.
- Assist the other team member which consisted of PeopleSoft Analysts, Business Analysts, Data Conversion Analysts, Developers from the outsource partner, Agile Trainer and Iteration Manager.
- As a Support Analyst, he assisted in the investigation and resolution of any problems since going live.
- Worked as PeopleSoft Analyst for the next phase.